CiviCrowd is nearly here! In case you were wondering, it’s an easy to use, cost effective tool for crowdsourcing ideas from your community.
We’ve done plenty of reading about previous attempts at this sort of thing, and hopefully have avoided a few of the traps that other projects of this type have fallen into.
- Is completely configurable and customisable in terms of look and feel, branding etc
- Can ask for various bits of information in the idea submitting process to help structure the contributions
- Allows ideas to be rated and commented on by other visitors
- Displays prominent lists of the most popular and latest ideas to be submitted
- All content can be pre-moderated before being published
- As it’s WordPress, you can publish other content like news or blog posts and static pages with help and other information in
- As it’s all open source, you can pull your data out whenever you like and host it somewhere else
We’re just finalising our first project for a client, after which we will have a few things to actually show. If you’d like a sneaky peak, though, I’m sure we could sort something. Just drop us a line to ask.